CLAIMS AND RISK MANAGER
The Claims and Risk Manager is responsible for executing company standards and leading safety initiatives to reduce the risk of industrial injury/illness, ensure food safety, and protect company assets. Develop goals and strategies for implementation of site Safety/Risk Management, security, and safety initiatives. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion, service, sustainability, and safety.
Pay:$65,000 to $85,0000
- RISK MANAGEMENT - Cargo Insurance exceptions, FDA-Food and Drug Administration (FOOD), USDA-United States Department of Agriculture (PRODUCE), EU-Pharmaceutical Industry Overseas, HACCP Hazard Analysis and Control Points (FOOD), C-TAPT-Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (Overseas or Border Crossings), DQSA-Drug Quality and Security Act (Pharmaceutical), DSCSA-Part of Drug Quality and Security Act (Pharmaceutical), and OSHA- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (On the Road Body Injury Liability).
- Cargo theft post-recovery, asset cargo monitoring, electronic escort, points of interest notification, origin/destination notification, compliance metrics, point-to-point visibility, temperature, deviation event alerts.
- Review existing standard operating procedures (SOPs) for monitoring shipments and assets and recommend improvements.
- Customer red-lines C&L Contracts. (Email and Call)
- Review the adequacy of documents, take necessary steps to cure deficiencies and provide significant findings and solutions to C&L owners.
- OS&D-Over-Short or Damage anything over 20 Cases. (Call and Email)
- On-Boarding new Carriers Insurance Certificate. (Email to Review)
- Temperature problems in transit or refused cargo. (Call and follow up Email). Handles final approval on any emails before sending to Customers.
- POD-Proof of Delivery anything other than signature (Email POD for review).
- Accident Logistics or Transport (Call and Email) Only when Accident involves Cargo.
- Trailer Breakdown (Call and Email) To ensure product CARGO INTEGRITY.
- Trailer Seal Integrity, any load that is refused due to Seal Integrity. (Call and Email)
- Performs any other work, ad hoc projects and related functions as may be assigned by the President/CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management or finance
- At least 3 years of experience in a Safety/Risk Management capacity
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Risk Management, Cargo Loss Prevention, Cargo Claims, Carmack Amendment, Theft Prevention, Real-Time Monitoring Solutions, Tracking Solutions, Transportation Technology, Professional Witness, Pharmaceutical Transportation, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Customer Relations, Insurance Management, Refrigerated Transportation, Quality Management, Driver Recruiting, Sales Management, Dispatch Management, Lease Purchase Programs, DOT, ELD, FDA, USDA, EU, HACCP, C-TAPT, DQSA, DSCSA, OSHA and Security in the transportation industry.
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Excellent operational, consultation and problem resolution skills, high integrity, and ability to maintain confidential information and strong understanding of regulatory compliance in safety and food safety
- Thorough understanding of transport and food safety regulations.
- Strong analytical risk assessment skills, problem-solving skills, strategic thinking, and business financial knowledge.
- Adaptability, multi-tasking ability, sense of urgency
- Confident decision-making skills, problem solving ability, issue resolution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and can proactively work to assist others in achieving the organization's objectives.
- Vacation Pay – 1 week at 6 months, 1 week at 1 year, 2 weeks from years 2-5 and 3 weeks starting on the 6th year anniversary
- Personal hours - every 3 months worked full-time generates 8 hours personal leave
- Volunteer day - paid day to do charity work once a year
- 401K Plan - 401(k) plan with employer matching and year end profit sharing after 1 full year of employment. Notices are sent in January and July for enrollment details.
- 100% employer paid self-coverage on Life, Dental and Vision insurance
- 5 medical plans to choose from
- ADP TotalSource Life Mart discounts
- Free ADP TotalSource classes
- Free TCA certificate programs
- Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University reimbursement upon program completion
- C&L Apparel Store reimbursement of $100 upon hire and an additional $100 reimbursement after 90 days